Recipe courtesy of Crisco/Smucker’s
Classic Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 48 Cookies
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Jam
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and salt. Beat until blended.
- Gradually add flour, mixing until blended.
- Place pecans in small bowl.
- Roll dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. Roll in pecans to coat. Place on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Using your index finger, make a round indentation in top center of each ball of dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Reshape center indentations, as necessary
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon fruit spread into each indentation. Bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to wire rack to cool completely.
- Recipe Type : Holiday
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..